The Green Tea It is a wonderful drink, full of benefits and health properties. For this reason, it is common that it has been used for thousands of years in some parts of the world, mainly for obvious medicinal purposes. It is made from steam cooking of the fresh leaves obtained from the Camellia sinensis plant, and since it was originally discovered, it has been used in order to enjoy its qualities not only internally, but also externally (that is, over the skin). Thus, many scientific studies have discovered many of the properties of this wonderful drink, from increasing brain function to promoting weight reduction, including even helping to hydrate and nourish the skin, or improve both the mind and the body. One of its most common uses – and simple ones – is the elaboration of teabag masks, easy to prepare and apply, and with incredible qualities. Today we want to talk to you about them.
What are the benefits of tea bags for skin?
Although traditionally cold green tea bags They have been used regularly and popularly to reduce dark circles, bags under the eyes, and above all, improve the appearance of tired eyes, the reality is that their qualities go much further. Here are the benefits:
- It helps fight premature aging. Green tea is especially rich in a natural antioxidant known as EGCG. Some studies have shown that this antioxidant is able to help rejuvenate skin cells, protecting and repairing them completely naturally. For this reason it is ideal to combat the main signs of aging.
- Useful to reduce skin irritation, inflammation and redness. Green tea provides anti-inflammatory qualities, thanks mainly to its high polyphenol content. Therefore, thanks precisely to its anti-inflammatory properties, it is not only useful in relieving swelling and redness, but it is also ideal for reducing skin irritation.
- It helps treat acne. Green tea contains anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, which means that it is an ideal traditional remedy in case of not only acne problems, but also oily skin. These qualities are due to the presence of polyphenols, which applied to the skin help reduce sebum secretion (which, as you probably know, can lead to acne).
- Hydrates the skin naturally. Green tea contains vitamins (such as vitamin E) and natural antioxidants especially known for their moisturizing qualities.
Do not miss: Curious benefits of green tea for hair
How to prepare green tea bags
The truth is that the preparation of the green teabag mask It is extremely simple and easy, as well as extremely comfortable and simple. You just have to buy green tea bags and put one or two bags in a saucepan with water on the fire. Bring to a boil, and once it starts to boil let it boil for 3 minutes. After this time, turn off the heat, cover and let stand for several minutes, until they cool.
If you wish, you can reserve them in the fridge, and when they are cold, apply them on the skin, pressing so that the infusion of green tea comes out.
Applied cold are also ideal for tired eyes, dark circles and bags under the eyes, so you can put them in this area, and leave on for at least 20 minutes.
And how to make a green tea facial mask?
Like preparing green tea bags, make a green tea facial mask It is also simple and easy. Here are the necessary ingredients and the steps to follow.
What do you need:
- 2 green tea bags (to get 2 tablespoons of green tea)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of water
First of all we will start preparing a cup of green tea as you usually make it at home. That is, put the water in a saucepan on the fire, and when it boils remove from the heat. Then add the green tea bags and let them soak for about an hour.
After this time, let the green tea bags cool down. Then, break the bag carefully and separate the green tea leaves, to get 2 tablespoons.
In a bowl place the cooked green tea leaves, baking soda and honey, and mix well until a paste is created. In case you notice that the pasta is too thick, you can add a few drops of water.
At the time of applying it, it is convenient that the skin of the sorstro is perfectly clean, which will help the mask to penetrate the pores better. Once clean, apply the mask, massaging gently, and let it act for a maximum of 15 minutes. Finally, rinse with warm water.
Teabag mask: benefits, uses and how to make it