The time of year comes when it becomes more urgent than ever. From now on and during the next few weeks (although we think that we have to take care of it throughout the year), The goal of many women is to reduce cellulite. We explain the influence of food on cellulite,
When referring to cellulite, Immaculate Canterla – Pharmaceutical expert in dermocosmetics, nutrition and antiaging medicine director of Cosmeceutical Center– it is very clear “There are no magic solutions, the only way to eliminate cellulite from any area is the combination of personalized cosmeceutical and nutraceutical treatments, together with a healthy lifestyle, knowing which foods and ingredients help their disappearance"
The Cellulite is a process of accumulation or retention of water, fats and toxins, which are deposited in the epidermis and cause the loss of elasticity of the veins, which in turn generates stagnation of blood flow. Adipocytes (cells that are responsible for storing fat) thus suffer from atrophy and alter circulation in the affected areas, leaving fat and debris trapped under the skin"
The influence of food on cellulite
To combat the dreaded cellulite, Not only is a topical treatment on the skin necessary that we should follow throughout the year, internal care of our body through our diet and the help of nutraceutical supplements is also essential. As the expert Immaculate Canterla explains, “the excess of some foods favors the appearance of cellulite and therefore its intake should be controlled":
- The caffeine: Although most topical anti-cellulite treatments contain caffeine (to stimulate circulation), taking caffeine by mouth can boost orange peel. Drinking more than two coffees or cola drinks a day, causes a hardening of the arteries and an increase in blood insulin levels, which leads the body to store sugars in the form of fat.
- The salt: drinking more sodium than the body needs retains water (to decrease its concentration in the body). This translates into fluid retention, one of the main causes of cellulite. "We must avoid prepared foods, snacks (chips, peanuts, roasted corn, popcorn) or salted products, in which the salt is at high concentrations ” says the expert.
- The sugar: The sweet as well as becoming fat, causes a metabolic reaction whereby the collagen becomes more rigid (a process called glycation). The skin loses firmness and cellulite makes its way more easily.
- The grasa saturated: the body needs a small amount of fat to be able to absorb certain vitamins, such as Vitamin E. If an excess of fat is consumed, the level of free radicals is multiplied and, with it, the degradation of the skin's support fibers, and the consequent appearance of cellulite.
Active ingredients to fight cellulite
There are many cosmetics on the market that are aimed at fighting cellulite. But what really matters is the formulation that is what will be, or not, effective". We detail the most effective active ingredients to combat and prevent cellulite:
- Caffeine: It has the ability to stimulate the mobilization of fatty acids in adipose tissue, favoring the attack on the macronodules formed and counteracting the tendency to accumulate fat.
- Rusco: It improves venous circulation, strengthens the capillary wall and relieves heaviness of legs. It also contains abundant saponins of vasoconstrictor and anti-inflammatory action.
- Escina: It is a saponin extracted from a plant, Castaño de Indias, which has anti-edematous and anti-exudative activity with a slight action on the smooth muscle tone of the venous wall. It also decreases vascular hyperpermeability, which reduces edema of the lower limbs in patients with varicose veins.
- Tripeptide-3: It is a molecular asset that increases intracellular ATP levels (boosts energy) and stimulates fat burning. It also increases intracellular calcium in vitro, improves epidermal differentiation and shows a slimming action by activating lipolysis.
- Chondrus Crispus: It is a pink algae that contains valuable trace elements for a not only stimulating but also purifying and detoxifying action. It has decontracting and protective properties of protein macromolecules (collagen, elastin, keratin), maintaining the elasticity of the epidermis.
- GHK tripeptide: It acts as a specific purifier that increases the effectiveness of anti-cellulite components that prevent the maturation of adipocytes.
Selection of anti-cellulite products
Elancyl. New cosmetic specially formulated to address the specific changes of the body of women over 45 years. It has anti-flaccidity, anticelultis action (with a significant decrease in the thickness of adipose tissue) and leaves the skin more rebuilt, smoother and more tonic. To improve its effectiveness, a professional kinesitherapist has created a massage method to perform in the affected areas (thighs, hips, buttocks and arms). Its price: € 30.40 / 200ml.