When we think of enjoying a massage, we imagine treating or relaxing the back, legs, feet … But there are more areas in which to exercise a massage, or a self-massage, has undoubted benefits.
Cristina Dominguez, Hotel Healthy Lifestyle Coach Barceló Sancti Petri Spa Resort, In Cadiz, he explains what these points are, the sensations that occur in them and the benefits that are achieved.
- Ears. An ear massage is not only relaxing, but also beneficial in stimulating circulation at energetic and blood levels. This region is a reflex zone that projects the rest of the body. Thus, working with massages on them, especially in the lobes, the functions of all organs, especially the kidneys, which are activated indirectly, are strengthened.
- Buttocks. They are one of the most sensitive parts and an area where a well applied massage can have many benefits. On the one hand, and because of its proximity to the kidneys, it encourages them to work more and better, also helping the sciatic nerve, avoiding possible low back pain. A massage in this region, in addition to an absolute feeling of relaxation, will activate circulation in this area, thus preventing the appearance of cellulite and fat concentration, producing a draining effect.
- Finger tips. On the one hand, they are very resistant, but, on the other, highly sensitive. Although they are the ones that are usually used to massage, they can also be massaged. Using pressure techniques on this point of the fingers relaxes an area of the body that usually accumulates a lot of tension, both by somatization, and by the work that is done with them on a day-to-day basis. Massaging the hands is positive to avoid uncomfortable symptoms produced, for example, by osteoarthritis or also by what is now called the trigger-effect, a thumbs down, direct consequence of the use of technological devices and the postures used to handle them
- Face. It is usually massaged in small facial treatments, but what is not customary to do is a technique that is, entirely, a face massage. A clear example is kobido, a millenary procedure of Japanese origin that applies tapping and stretching methods. With them a natural lifting effect of the skin is achieved by reactivation of the circulation and the natural generation of collagen that cause the different movements. Also, these types of treatments achieve a deep state of tranquility through a holistic experience that covers more areas, such as aromatherapy.
- Crown. A treatment in this area is very suitable for those people who suffer stress or migraines regularly. Applied by Ayurvedic techniques with essential oils, these massages are beneficial. The work on this region produces a feeling of absolute lightness, creating a pleasant chill effect. In addition, with it you can activate the cranial and body circulation, promoting hair growth and relaxing all muscles.